Re: [EXIM] SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connecti…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: pete clare
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from...
On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, pete clare wrote:

> another is hotmail.com.

Hotmail.com frequently exhibits delays.

> LOG: 4 MAIN
> SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from
> www.designer.co.nz (dtlweb01.dtl.co.nz) [202.37.162.65]

If setting smtp_receive_timeout = 20m doesn't fix this, the connection
must be *very* slow indeed. You could try 1h...

I see a trickle of these all the time, sometimes from big sites (there's
one from apple.com among the 10 or so today). I put it down to network
glitches. This system is running with the default timeout setting.