Re: [EXIM] Support and future of Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Craig Foster, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Support and future of Exim

ph10@??? said:
} As for number of sites, I have no idea. The mailing list contains
} several hundred addresses, I understand, but that doesn't really give
} you much clue. What is perhaps more interesting is that several of
} them are quite large ISPs.

I would be interested in figures similar to the Netcraft web server
surveys giving the number of sites running this that or the other mail
servers....

One day when I have a little free time I am going to use a perl script to
connect to all mail servers that our core mail boxes talk to and log the
greeting line from each, and use that to attempt to get some form of
figures. Of course that will be slanted in favour of exim - all our
directly administered systems here run exim. Although I know a couple of
customer admined systems have a lot of IP addresses and run non-exim
configs which would also slew counts.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]