Re: [EXIM] Support and future of Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Craig Foster
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Support and future of Exim
On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Craig Foster wrote:

> Having just set up two new mail hubs running exim, I am most
> impressed with ease and performance. However, I suspect that
> I shall soon be asked by those above to what degree exim is
> supported and for how long development will continue. Having
> been on this mailing list for some time, I get the impression that
> exim is here to stay, and support/advice is quickly forthcoming.
> Has anyone else faced these sort of questions? Anyone have any idea
> how many sites are running exim, particularly on mail hubs?

Unless I fall under the proverbial bus, I expect I'll be supporting it
for a while longer. But I think it has probably taken on a life of its
own, as several people have contributed to the code and the
documentation, so even if I gave up, I imagine it would get picked up by
others.

As for number of sites, I have no idea. The mailing list contains
several hundred addresses, I understand, but that doesn't really give
you much clue. What is perhaps more interesting is that several of them
are quite large ISPs.