Re: [EXIM] filter questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ephraim Silverberg
A: F. Jacot Guillarmod
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] filter questions
On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, F. Jacot Guillarmod wrote:

>> I want to create a filter that kills these spams, by tracking whether the
>> "from" is included in the "to" or vice versa. I'm getting more and more of
>> these in.
>
> I've found filtering on this criterion alone problematic, because a surprising
> number of local users forward or resend to themselves from different accounts
> or using pop.

Please note that in the example filter of mine that you reference below,
I explicitly exempt not only my $qualify_domain but anyone in my country's
(IL) domain for this reason. We still do get an occasional person on
sabbatical abroad doing this and having to be bounced manually from our spam
folder and, on the other hand, a few spams from inside the country get through,
but as we are a major educational institute in a small country, our threat to
block local ISP's at our routers carries weight.

> [...]
>
>> The sample filter package is at ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/pub/exim/spam_filter/

Written for Exim 1.82 but still works in 1.90.

>> N.B. When testing with 'exim -bf' you will get
>>
>> Filter error: [...] : unknown variable: recipients

In Exim 1.90, test using 'exim -bF' and you won't get error messages.
Ephraim Silverberg, CS System Group,          Phone number:   972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.         Fax number:     972-2-6585439
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim        E-mail: ephraim@???