[EXIM] Virtual user table

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Brown
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Virtual user table
Hi all,

i was wondering how it is possible to add support for a virtusertable in
exim (ie one with the same functionality as sendmail's virtusertable).
What i need is mapping a user at a virtual domain to a localuser at my
domain.

ie, this is the format for sendmail:
<<
    fred@???    arbusername1
    bob@???    arbusername2
    foo.com        foo.default.mbox

    narf@???    arbusername3
    poit@???    arbusername4
    bar.com        bar.default.mbox

Now, i can implement the examples with mail being mapped to the
arbusernames, its just when i try to set up a default mailbox for a
domain. My configure file currently looks like this:

<<

    #Transport:
    virtual_smtp:
      driver = smtp
      hosts =  ${lookup{$domain}dbm{/etc/exim/mailertable}{$value}fail}

    #Director:
    virtual:
      driver = aliasfile
      domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/local_domains
      transport = virtual_smtp
      no_more
      file = /etc/exim/mailertable
      include_domain
      search_type = dbm

So, i have a file in /etc/exim/ called mailertable which is a dbm file
(built with exim_dbmbuild), and another called local_domains (domains
which we accet mail for).

I have tried altering the search_type directive to:
    search_type = dbm*@

which mentioned that it will search the dbm file, look for *@domain, if *
is not set (ie, if mail is sent to fred@???, * will find fred@???
if it is in the mailertable dbm file. If it does not find fred@??? it
will send to the foo.default.mbox because there is not match - hope that
makes sense ;)

exim paniced and threw me out. I tried adding a query directive, but i
could not find a valid optionin the documentation ( all there was was
nisplus, ldap, dnsdb, testdb ), none of which seem to apply here (of
course, i am dying to stand corected ;)

Please, if anyone could give me some information, or point me i the
direction of some documentation that will explain how to set this up like
this, i would be very grateful (please bear in mind that i have gone over
exim's documentation pretty thoroughly. I obviously am missing something
;) Again, any help would be apreciated.

ALSO! a quick question..

I am setting up Exim to replace sendmail on our existing mailserver. We
deal with about 250 simultaneous requests in the afternoon (not too sure
about the evening, not sure i want to know). Does anyone know how many
simultaneous request Exim can handle at once (not what i set it up as in
the config, but what it is capable of...)

thanks again
paul

Paul Brown
Global Internet Access