[EXIM] Using Exim for UUCP mail...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Rynne
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Using Exim for UUCP mail...

I'm currently looking at replacing our fairly old UUCP server (Sparc using
mmdf as the MTA - yuck!) with a Linux box using Exim as the MTA. The
transport/router that I'm using appears to work fine except for the fact
that Exim refuses to write bang path addresses.

Transport is:
uucp_pipe:
driver = pipe
user = uucp
restrict_to_path
path = "/usr/bin:/bin"
command = "uux - -a$sender_address -r $host\!rmail $local_part@$domain"
return_output

Router is:
uucphost:
transport = uucp_pipe
driver = domainlist
route_file = /etc/exim/uucphosts
search_type = dbm

>From looking at the code, it looks like exim tries to rewrite every

address it sees into luser@??? format. Due to the fact that some
of our customers don't appear to believe in upgrading software every
now and then, we do need bang path addresses.

Is it possible to do this with Exim and if so, what am I doing wrong?

This is Exim 1.90 BTW.

Dave

--
*  Dave Rynne,  Systems Administrator,  Esat Net     dave@???  *