Re: [EXIM] Using Exim for UUCP mail...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave Rynne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Using Exim for UUCP mail...
On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Dave Rynne wrote:

> >From looking at the code, it looks like exim tries to rewrite every
> address it sees into luser@??? format. Due to the fact that some
> of our customers don't appear to believe in upgrading software every
> now and then, we do need bang path addresses.

Quote from section 1.3 ("Limitations") of the manual:

 .   Exim is intended for use as an Internet mailer, and therefore handles
     addresses in RFC 822 domain format only. It cannot handle 'bang paths',
     though simple two-component bang paths can be converted by a straightfor-
     ward rewriting configuration.

Sorry, but I decided from the start to support only RFC 822 addresses.
Of course, that doesn't of itself lock out the use of UUCP - many people
use it with domain addresses, and have done so for many years.

I know that some people are fudging the use of bang paths by getting
Exim to rewrite them to domain format by rewriting rules such as

^([^!]+)!(.+)@your\.domain$ $2@$1

or

(which operates recursively, turning a bang path into a 'percent-hacked'
domain address) but this kind of thing works only in certain special
cases.