Re: [EXIM] I can't get exim to deliver mail to local users!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Shacklette
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] I can't get exim to deliver mail to local users!
> >This did the trick. I didn't have the permissions set correctly on the
> /var/spool/mail directory.

This sort of thing belongs in the FAQ (in preparation acc. to the website). I
spent about an hour completely stumped until I dialed into a friends home net
who was successfully running exim, and FINALLY stumbled onto the very same
thing: the permissions of /var/spool/mail, which needs the sticky bit set (t).

Note that Sendmail will deliver just fine w/o the bit set, so intuition led me
(and apparently this person) everywhere but to the directory permissions. This
may very well be the sort of thing that is "just common sense" to an
experienced mail admin who is installing exim after maintaining Sendmail for 10
years, but for someone new to the arena, it's a bit of a conundrum :-).

Mark

J. Mark Shacklette
Committee on Social Thought
University of Chicago