Re: [EXIM] removing sendmail a bad idea?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernhard van Staveren
A: Pollywog
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] removing sendmail a bad idea?
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Pollywog wrote:

|Now that I have Exim installed, all I need to do is some fine-tuning, but it
|seems to work and if I do not have problems, I am wondering if I should leave
|Sendmail in place. If I remove it, will Exim still start in its place? I have
|Caldera OpenLinux Base 1.1 and Sendmail 8.8.6-1 installed from one of Caldera's
|RPM packages, which I am guessing is not the same RPM package that RedHat
|uses.

Well, I've installed Exim into /usr/exim, after that I deleted
/usr/sbin/sendmail (at least, the one binary I could find. The rest just
links to there) and replaced it with a soft link to the exim binary.

I did that because I was too lazy to update majordomo's configuration
(which still uses sendmail, at least.. it uses exim now =]). Everything
still works, nothing broke ... so IMO it's okay to do it.

--
Bernhard van Staveren          ----       http://www.xirian.demon.nl/
home: madcat(at)superunknown.ml.org     work: staveren(at)xirian.demon.nl