Re: [EXIM] compiling problem with DBM

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: exim-users
Cc: Pollywog
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] compiling problem with DBM
At 11:46 AM 3/31/98 -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
>> > I have Caldera OpenLinux Base 1.1 and the Berkeley DB 1.85 library and

although
>> > I edited the Local/Makefile by adding "USE_DB=yes", I cannot compile

Exim and I
>> > get the famous DBM errors.

>> > Does anyone know how I can get Exim to compile with DB?

>> If you post more details of what goes wrong someone might be able to
>> help. I compile Exim with DB all the time, but not on a Linux system.

>FWIW, I have exim running fine on a Linux system but I'm using the GNU
>'gdbm' system rather than Berkeley.

running exim on linux with db-1.85, i generally include one extra line in
Local/Makefile:

USE_DB=yes
DBMLIB= -ldb

this is because for some reason the auto configuration stuff doesn't
reliably pick up on the different library name from USE_DB=yes

this has worked for me since back in 1.7x, and i just upgraded one of my
linux boxes to 1.90, with the same configuration.

richard