Re: [EXIM] Max message size.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Georg v.Zezschwitz
Cc: Daniel Ryde, Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Max message size.
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Georg v.Zezschwitz wrote:

> I don't understand why this should be impossible.
>
> If the dialogue would walk like this:
>
> C: MAIL FROM: <bigbinary@???> SIZE=10000000
> S: 250 Ok
> C: RCPT TO: <frank@???>
> S: 250 Ok
> C: RCPT TO: <dan@???>
> S: 550 This recipient does not want mails crossing 2 MB in size
> C: DATA
> .
>
> The sender would be notified which recipients did not want to
> receive the big mail. If all recipients would reject the message,
> the message would not be actually transmitted.

That's absolutely true. I have made a note of this possibility. However,
it only covers some of the cases. It would not help if mail from a local
user is sent using a command line; it would not help if mail was sent to
frank@??? and he had a .forward file to dan@???, all on
the same host. Or if an alias or mailing list were involved, etc.

I am not sure if explaining all these restrictions would be easy to do,
and I suspect people might get very confused.