Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 AIX Compilation Problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ephraim Silverberg
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 AIX Compilation Problems
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Ephraim Silverberg wrote:

> Can't compile Exim 1.90 under AIX:
>
>     black[ exim-1.90 ] uname -a
>     AIX black 1 4 009000B64C00
>     lack[ exim-1.90 ] black[ exim-1.90 ] gmake
>     cd build-${build:-`scripts/os-type`-`scripts/arch-type`}; gmake
>     gmake[1]: Entering directory `/tmp_mnt/vol/src/Mail/exim/exim-1.90/build-aix-rs6000'

>     ../scripts/Configure-makefile

>     *** Sorry - operating system aix is not supported
>     *** See OS/Makefile-* for supported systems

>     gmake[1]: *** [makefile] Error 1
>     gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp_mnt/vol/src/Mail/exim/exim-1.90/build-aix-rs6000'
>     gmake: *** [go] Error 2
>     black[ exim-1.90 ] ls -l OS/Makefile-AIX
>     -rw-r--r--   1 ephraim  mail         732 Mar 27 15:42 OS/Makefile-AIX

> The contents of OS/Makefile-AIX do not indicate any particular actions that
> I must take.
>
> Anyone succeed to compile 1.90 under AIX?

I don't know, but it looks as if the os name is being given as "aix",
whereas the scripts expect "AIX". Sigh. I do wish implementors could
settle on fixed names for their operating systems. Have a look at the
script in scripts/osname. You will find a big fudge list like this:

# A value has been obtained for the os. Some massaging may be needed in
# some cases to get a uniform set of values. Various shells set OSTYPE to
# things that aren't quite the same as each other. It is all a huge mess.

case "$os" in
bsdi)       os=BSDI;;
BSDOS)      os=BSDI;;
BSD_OS)     os=BSDI;;
dgux)       os=DGUX;;
freebsd*)   os=FreeBSD;;
Irix5)        os=IRIX;;
Irix6)        os=IRIX6;;
IRIX64)     os=IRIX6;;
IRIX)       version=`uname -r`
            case "$version" in
            5*)  os=IRIX;;
            6*)  os=IRIX632;;
            esac;;
HI-OSF1-MJ) os=HI-OSF;;
HI-UXMPP)   os=HI-OSF;;
hpux*)      os=HP-UX;;
linux)      os=Linux;;
linux-*)    os=Linux;;
Linux-*)    os=Linux;;
osf1)       os=OSF1;;
solaris*)   os=SunOS5;;
sunos4)     os=SunOS4;;
Ultrix)     os=ULTRIX;;
esac

Try adding just before the line starting bsdi) the line

aix)        os=AIX;;

or possibly

aix*)       os=AIX;;

Please let me know if this works, in which case I will include it in
future releases.