Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
To: Exim
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?
jhenders@??? wrote:

> >.... If I were forced to use the Exim
> > manual with the 'man' command, it would be so impenetrable that I for
> > one just couldn't use it.

> Not that I'm argueing for exim's spec to be turned into man format
> pages, but why can't you search man pages? Just set your $PAGER to
> less -i.

My pager is - and always has been since I started - pg, and I can search
on a forward slash.

But compared with working with html-formatted pages, it's the kiss of
death for me at any rate. I've installed the Debian man pages kindly
contributed here, took a look and quickly left. But at least it's
possible to impress friends by doing a "man exim".

> It's the only way to deal with man pages like bash's.

I did once use bash, but have long since left it for ksh. ksh needs a
book, the man pages are impossible.

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw