Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
To: Philip Hazel, Exim
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?
Philip Hazel wrote:

> And there are those who argue that Texinfo is the WtUM.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, my experience:

The paper manual was horrible - haven't used it for ages. I have to be
able to search on keywords in documentation as complex as the Exim
manual. I've used texi2html to compose 3 separate html manuals
(overview, specs and filter specs) from the texinfo pages. Am always
very satisfied with html as basis for all the documentation that I use,
_including_ the Unix manual pages. If I were forced to use the Exim
manual with the 'man' command, it would be so impenetrable that I for
one just couldn't use it.

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw