Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Faehl
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Chris Faehl wrote:

> Man pages are the Way to Unix Mastery. Man pages are convenient, whereas
> trying to find the specific information I want in 100+ pages of paper

                                                    200+  :-)

> is not (not to mention the fact that I lose paper manuals, not to
> mention the fact that I'm not wild about killing more trees than I need
> to...).

Then there are those who argue that skimming around an ASCII file with
your favourite (and therefore very familiar) text editor is the WtUM
It's what I usually do (not with Exim - I have paper that I scribble
corrections on - but for other stuff).

And there are those who argue that Texinfo is the WtUM.

I have no problem in there being different info provided for all these
different people, but I have time to maintain only one definitive
reference manual. (One day I might write an expository book, but that's
a different matter.)

> A good exim man page should contain locations of files, descriptions of

There are no standard locations for Exim files. Sounds like you might
need to build such a manpage with the rest of Exim. Problem is, some of
the locations can be set dynamically in the runtime configuration
file...