Re: [EXIM] RFC1413 timeouts, firewalls and sendmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Baker
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] RFC1413 timeouts, firewalls and sendmail
On Tue, Mar 24, 1998 at 01:11:52AM -0800, jhenders@??? wrote:

> easy problem to track down. I've basically given up on ident as the
> number of machines running it make it pretty useless any more and there
> are mini ident servers for windows boxes that will tell you whatever the
> user wants.

That doesn't matter, given what ident is for. If it's a single user machine,
or a multi-user machine that doesn't normally run ident, as most windows
machines are, then the sysadmin dealing with the abuse report will just
ignore the ident information. He'll only pay any attention to it if it comes
from an identd he configured, and in that case it will be useful to him.