Re: [EXIM] RFC1413 timeouts, firewalls and sendmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] RFC1413 timeouts, firewalls and sendmail
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 jhenders@??? wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24/98, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> > That is why I chose 60 seconds as the default; there are some *very*
> > What do people think? Should I reduce the default to 30s?

is there any way of allowing email processing to continue in parallel with
the ident processing, on the basis that it's a nice-to-have value in the
log and can't be relied apon for authenticity:

> easy problem to track down. I've basically given up on ident as the
> number of machines running it make it pretty useless any more and there
> are mini ident servers for windows boxes that will tell you whatever the
> user wants.

I guess in the long run when personal certificates become more common, then
ident might actually have some real authentication value.

Paul
----
...looking for SignatureNG++, as SignatureClassic was getting boring