Re: [EXIM] Detailed Q on Exim's delivery method

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Sean Witham
CC: Lazlo Nibble, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Detailed Q on Exim's delivery method

Sean.Witham@??? said:
} It would be better that the list software not use the MTA distribution
} list (e.g. /etc/aliases). After all anyone can post to the list
} without actually subscribing to it.

Actually you can get round this (in exim at least). However that has
worried me about previous mailing list configs.

} SmartList uses and internal dist
} list and formail to feed a post for each subscriber to the MTA as it
} appears that Majordomo has tools that can perform similar tasks I'd
} suggest you use them.

Yup. However if its doing splitting and sorting don't let it get too
clever as it will fight with exim.... certainly don't just alpha sort and
split since you will end up losing any deliveries that can be paralleled.
Best bet is to feed them all as one block to exim, allow parallel
deliveries (in 1.89x or above or patch 1.82 to fix the bug with this), or
at most split them by tld.

    Nigel.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]