Re: [EXIM] Wanted - best way of making relay_domains use an …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Wanted - best way of making relay_domains use an external file
On Wed, Mar 18/98, Paul Mansfield <paulm@???> wrote:

> the problem with relay_domains_include_local_mx is that when customers join,
> it can take a while for DNS to propagate and occasionally we get problems
> with mail bouncing for a few hours until it settles.

We use relay_domains_include_local_mx combined with relay_nets. Our
relay_nets file is huge, as it includes every network we relay, and
initially I was a bit worried that the search time of this file would
cause problems but turning it off when our machine is under heavy load
does not seem to affect the load much at all. It would still be nice to
see it turned into a db lookup somehow but I understand this is
non-trivial to do. For relay_domains_include_local_mx, you can run a
local cacheing named and use a forwarders line to punt requests to your
main dns server if that is the one that you use for hosting customer
dns. That should cut the propagation delay for new dns additions if you
host or secondary your customer domains.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.