Re: [EXIM] Question about system filters

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Galen Hazelwood
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Question about system filters
Philip Hazel wrote:
> Oh dear. (And I've just closed the shutters on the next release.) The
> problem is that for a pipe command, the string expansions are done at
> the time the pipe is run, after splitting up the command into separate
> arguments. This is to avoid various problems that can arise if the
> variables contain strange characters. Consequently, $recipients isn't
> valid at that time.

Ouch. For various and sundry reasons, this has to be a pipe; I can't
just save it to a file. I was hoping to use that recipients information
to create batched smtp format by hand, with the RCPT TO lines set to the
contents of $recipients. The idea is that if the mail system gets
mangled, the admin can just push the day's records through "exim -bS"
and reproduce everything. Yeah, I know it's silly, but the customer is
always right...

> I will see if I can think of a tidy way round this problem during the
> shake-down period for the next release.

Is it going to be 1.83, 1.9, or 2.0? (And when do we get our grubby
little hands on it?)

--Galen