Re: [EXIM] Question about system filters

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Galen Hazelwood
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Question about system filters
On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Galen Hazelwood wrote:

> I'm trying to run the following system filter, in order to make quiet
> backups of all traffic going through.
>
> # Exim filter
> if (not error_message)
> then
> unseen pipe "/root/MailBackup $message_id $sender_address
> \"$recipients\""
> endif
>
> Run on test messages, it works fine. Run in reality, I get this:
>
> Expansion of "$recipients" from command "/root/MailBackup $message_id
> $sender_address "$recipients"" in address_pipe transport failed: unknown
> variable: recipients
>
> But "recipients" should exist for system filters. The documentation
> says so. I'm spelling it right. What am I doing wrong?

Oh dear. (And I've just closed the shutters on the next release.) The
problem is that for a pipe command, the string expansions are done at
the time the pipe is run, after splitting up the command into separate
arguments. This is to avoid various problems that can arise if the
variables contain strange characters. Consequently, $recipients isn't
valid at that time.

I will see if I can think of a tidy way round this problem during the
shake-down period for the next release.