[EXIM] owner-hack delivery via Exim rewriting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mark david mcCreary
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] owner-hack delivery via Exim rewriting
I have a small Perl program that uses the owner-hack method of creating
unique envelope senders for each message. So that any bounces that come
back can be identified without even needing to parse the message contents.

The envelope sender looks like this

    bounce-listname-joe=domain.com@???

Any messages coming back to an address starting with bounce, get routed to
a special routine that parses the address and generates a bounce message to
the correct list via a smartuser config

bounce:
driver = smartuser,
prefix = bounce-;
transport = bounce_pipe

bounce_pipe:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/bin/procmail -d bouncee",
envelope_to_add,
user = exim

The problem with this technique (not counting ineffecient use of bandwidth)
is that it takes up lots of disk space, as I have to create a seperate copy
of the same message going to a mailing list.

I would like to accomplish the same unique envelope inside of the Exim
configuration file. I can set the max_rcpts to 1 in the transport, which
gets me 1 message going out at a time.

However, I don't see how to set up a Envelope From rewriting rule to
substitute the = symbol for the @ symbol in the local part. Nor am I
exactly sure how I am going to pass the listname in as a variable, although
I may be able to have a different set of rewriting rules for each listname ?

Can anyone suggest a technique to accomplish this ?

Thanks

mark

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.            1436 West Gray #438
mdm@???          Houston, Texas 77019
http://www.internet-tools.com   713.627.9600