Re: [EXIM] A looong list of comments/suggestions/requests.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] A looong list of comments/suggestions/requests.
On Wed 25 Feb 1998, Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???>
wrote:

[...]
> However in general ESMTP is a "good thing" (tm)
>
> [Has anyone noticed my domain - good-thing.tm ??]

On Thu 26 Feb 1998, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
[...]
> You've moved to Turkmenistan?

On Thu 26 Feb 1998, Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???>
wrote:
[...]
> Well, I'm moving just down the road.... but not into a new country :-)
>
> [.tm is administered by netnames, and appears to have very little
> geographical significance]

Using a domain in .tm is the moral equivalent of flying a Liberian flag
on the high seas.

I think you will find that as far as the IANA are concerned, the domain
belong to the sovereign state of Turkmenistan. If there's a change of
government there, and they decide to take the domain away from Netnames,
then that's what will happen. Perhaps more likely, they'll milk the cash
cow for everything it's worth by upping the registration charges by 1000%.

[OK, OK -- this is off-topic. But Mummy, Nigel started it...]

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.