Re: [EXIM] Exim error messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Eelco Vriezekolk
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim error messages
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> I have had a few examples of novice users being frightened by the mailed
> error messages sent out by exim.
>
> In particular the section starting "The following address(es) failed:"
> gives too much information, and confuses people.
>
> I am considering changing this so that the message would look like this:-
> [....]

I would like to have the error message simpler and friendlier, too.
Ideally you would be able to provide a template error message for Exim
to use, so that you could include, for example, contact details for your
Helpdesk. That may be a bit too much work? Perhaps a single line of
text could be made configurable (like in the Squid web cache).

One thing missing is what the user is supposed to *do* now. A lot of
people think that hitting R)eply and S)end will fix the problem. Often
it takes them a few delivery failures before they get the idea that
perhaps the address was mistyped to begin with.

Novice users are the majority, with the current growth rate of Internet.
--
Eelco Vriezekolk, eelco@???
Postmaster and systems administrator, UUNET Internet Africa (Swaziland)