[EXIM] Exim error messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Cc: Philip Hazel
Asunto: [EXIM] Exim error messages
I have had a few examples of novice users being frightened by the mailed
error messages sent out by exim.

In particular the section starting "The following address(es) failed:"
gives too much information, and confuses people.

I am considering changing this so that the message would look like this:-

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
The
following address(es) failed:

    address1
    address2
    addressN

The reason why each address failed can be determined from the following
information.

    address1:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
        <address1>:
        host xx.xx.xx.xx [xx.xx.xx.xx]:
        550 <address1>... User unknown

    address2:
    etc...

[rest of error message continues unabated...]

or something of this ilk.

Its pretty cosmetic, but do people think this would help??
Or are there other ways we can make the error messages more friendly
whilst still containing all the info needed for remote postmasters.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]