Re: [EXIM] Problems with spam direct from PoPs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tom
A: Alan Thew
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Problems with spam direct from PoPs

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Alan Thew wrote:

> As others may have seen, the "new generation" of spam software does direct
> injection to our/your MTA, no smarthost/3rd part relay etc.

They have to. Every day there are fewer and fewer open relays.
However, going direct means that spamming takes a *lot* longer.
Previously the spammer could make the relay server do a lot of the work.

> In some cases, the best thing is to just block IP address ranges etc.
> However all attacks seen here so far have blank To: and From: fields. I'm
> still running 1.73 and wondered what the easiest way to trap this.

You can block by hostname. For example, *.da.uu.net and *.ms.uu.net
will block most UUNet modem pools. *.dialsprint.net will block Sprint
modem pools.

Most ISPs are putting their modem pools into specific domains are
sub-domains so you can refuse connections from them.

> Ta.
>
> --
> Alan Thew                                       alan.thew@???
> Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442

Tom