Re: [EXIM] headers_sender_verify

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jonathan Knight
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] headers_sender_verify
On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Jonathan Knight wrote:

> Exim version 1.70
>
> I'm having some trouble with header_sender_verify. With this feature turned
> on and with no mention of headers_check_syntax and headers_checks_fail I
> would expect that the From, Sender or reply-to addresses that are invalid
> would not be accepted by exim. However this is not the case

headers_sender_verify

    Type:    boolean
    Default: false

    If this option is set with sender_verify, and the sending host does not  |
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you have that set?

> What I want to stop is the spam mail from made up domain names to
> non-existant users cluttering my system. The error message that is created
> by exim to say that the user is unknown (on our mail gateway) cannot be sent
> because the From: address is invalid.

The error message that is created by Exim will not be send to the From:
address. It will be sent to the sender address in the message's envelope
(the argument of the SMTP MAIL FROM command). Setting sender_verify
verifies this address independently of any headers.

Have you considered setting receiver_verify, which will stop mail to
non-existent users at the SMTP stage?