Re: [EXIM] exim-monitor compilation problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bruce Bowler
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] exim-monitor compilation problems
On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> Exim 1.82
> OSF/1 V3.0
>

> Exim compiles fine, but I can't get exim_monitor to compile. Specifically,
> em_globals "pukes" with the following error. Any thoughts?

This is a known problem with some compilers that don't like the lines

header_name header_names_normal[];
header_name header_names_resent[];

in the source file exim_monitor/em_globals.c. Because there is no
initialization, they complain about a variable of unknown length (gcc
just assumes a zero length, I think). In fact, these variables are
dummies which are not used by exim_monitor; they are there so that some
of the modules of Exim itself can be used in the monitor. If you change the
two lines to read

header_name header_names_normal[] = { "dummy", 5 };
header_name header_names_resent[] = { "dummy", 5 };

then all should be well.