Re: [EXIM] headers_sender_verify

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jonathan Knight
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: jonathan, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] headers_sender_verify
> > Exim version 1.70
>
>     If this option is set with sender_verify, and the sending host does not  |
>                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Did you have that set?

The 1.70 documentation doesn't mention sender_verify, and so I hadn't used
it.

> Have you considered setting receiver_verify, which will stop mail to
> non-existent users at the SMTP stage?

I selected sender_try_verify as the most approprite option in the end. I
don't think receiver_verify would do the job as the problem occurs on our
mail gateway which relays the mail to the right host. The recipient address
is valid on the mail gateway, it's only when it tries to relay that to the
actual delivery host that it discovers that the user is unknown. At that
point it then found it couldn't send out the error message and froze the
message.

I'll see how we get on with sender_try_verify and perhaps I'll add in
sender_verify_fixup if we start failing a lot of email that we'd rather have
accepted.

Thanks to all those who responded.

--
  ______    Internet  :jonathan@???   Jonathan Knight,
    /       UUCP      :...!uknet!kl-cs!jonathan  Department of Computer Science