Re: [EXIM] Maximum Message Size

Author: Dom Mitchell
To: Nigel Cass
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Maximum Message Size
On 2 February 1998, "Nigel Cass" proclaimed:
> Hi everybody.
>
> Almost a survey question really.
>
> Just wondering what kind of magnitude people set for their maximum
> message size. I've experimented with all kinds of sizes - but people
> still always have that 'important presentation' etc. to send.
>
> Just wondered what sort of sizes other people have settled on / are
> enforcing. Particularly those of you working in UK universities.

Well, *internally*, we used to have a 3Mb limit, which worked very
nicely until some Director-type told us to turn it off. And then the
mail system blew up after the next large & rogue cron job made some output...
--
Dom Mitchell -- Demon Internet Ltd.
hdm@??? -- Systems Administrator, Mail and News Team.