Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: john
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...
On Tue, Jan 20, 1998 at 11:30:08AM +0000, Dom Mitchell wrote:
> Right. Hopefully I will say this for several people, as it's noise and
> doesn't really belong on the exim list as such.
>
> There already is a marker inside every message, which is far easier for
> automated processes to pick up on. The To: line.

Yes, but using some text based MUA's, like Mutt,
all I see is the From and Subject line. Having the [EXIM] in the Subject:
is something that I like. To see the To: line, I have to open up the mail!

But, my point was to support Nigel in his list management decisions.
I think it's much worse Noise to attack him with words like "horrid"
and "pollution".

> To be quite frank, you shouldn't have everything coming into your inbox
> anyway. Use a tool like procmail, slocal, elm's filter and so on to
> automatically split your mail up into folders based on the list. You'll
> find it so useful, you'll wonder how you lived without it.

That, perhaps, is how __you__ like to read email.
My tastes are not the same. Of course, I only get 50-60 messages
per day, and your mileage may vary.

-cc