Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Evan Leibovitch
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> There has been a very long "religious" thread on this subject on the
> DRUMS list <drums@???> which has been rumbling since before
> Christmas. The DRUMS list is for the IETF's DRUMS project, which is
> revising RFC 821/822 etc. There's problably an archive of the list
> somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I personally have kept well out of
> the argument, since it is an enormous rathole. One of the points argued
> about is "personal reply" versus "list reply", which of course Reply-To
> doesn't really help you with, and also what MUAs should and should not
> do. And how we get there from here.

But Reply-To *can* (and does) help in this regard.

On two other lists in which I participate, Reply-To is set to the list.
When replying to such a message using 'pine', it asks me if I want to send
to the "From" address or the "Reply-To" address; I know the former refers
to the individual, the latter the whole list. Works rather well, actually.

> That won't make any difference to me. I use Pine. I have only a choice
> of reply to sender or reply to all.

If the list injects the Reply-To header, pine (mine is 3.95) will ask if
you want to send to the Reply-To address -- say yes, and your "to" is
set to the list with no individual copies.

- Evan