Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@???> probably said:
> [ On Mon, January 19, 1998 at 09:44:33 (+0000), Philip Hazel wrote: ]
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > > [I read the list, I don't need to be Cc:ed list mail, ta]
> > forgive me if I don't always get it right. [There is a heated debate
> > raging on another list about the use of "Reply-To" in this regard.]
>
> When I know the participants in a thread are all on the list I'll send
> the message only to the list.
>
> I try to remember if people are on the list, but of course this only
> works for small lists where all participants are regularly active.
>
> Of course for those lists which require you to be a subscriber in order
> to post the problem is easy to solve, and perhaps the list server
> software *should* (re)set the "Reply-To:" header to go only to the list
> since there's never any reason to CC the sender. BUT, this clearly can
> violate the user's wishes if they only want personal replies and no CCs
> to the list.

If someone sends mail to a list without being subscribed and expects to
get a reply, I'd expect them to say "I'm not on the list" in the
message. Their problem if they don't get a reply ;)
Unfortunately people are not that clueful.

I've just configured mutt to add Reply-To: exim-users@??? to my
posts to the list, to remind people I don't want personal replies too :)

Peter.

--
Peter Radcliffe | pir@??? | Shore.net systems administrator.