Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...
[I read the list, I don't need to be Cc:ed list mail, ta]

Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> probably said:
> } > The problem is that exim assumes local account names are all lower case.
> } > All that locally_caseless does is lower case the incoming address.
> } > I'd like to see it also (or as a seperate option) doing a completely
> } > case independant comparision between the incoming local_part and the
> } > account-name/whatever.
> }
> } Well, if Unix provided a caseless version of getpwnam() then Exim could
> } call it. The lack of such is the basic problem.

strncmp() ?

I know its not as portable - have a copy within exim to use if its not
found ?

> I think you need to build a user list in a file and look up against that.
> You can preprocess the file how you like (ie downcase all the keys, so you
> end up with:-
>     bob        Bob
>     sillycasing    SiLLyCasing
> and then do lookups for downcased keys).

If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting having (for example)
something in system_aliases for the casefull people.
Wouldn't this just get lowercased before it is compared against local_user ?

P.

--
Peter Radcliffe | pir@??? | Shore.net systems administrator.