Re: [EXIM] Deliveryconfirmation

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
To: Exim
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Deliveryconfirmation
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> tony@??? said:
> } This point has been tentatively raised in the past, and if I'm not
> } mistaken, you said you'd look at the possibility of including it in a
> } future version. This feature is very definitely on my own wish list,
> } now there would appear to be at least three of us that would
> } appreciate it. The Mozilla (Netscape) UMA that I use at the moment
> } supports it too ...

> What headers is it adding for delivery confirmation?

It isn't!!! When I try to turn on this facility and send the mail,
Mozilla tells me that my mail server doesn't support it and won't use it

>         Return-Receipt-To: is definitely deprecated now.
> The other main method is (and should be) done in the MUA *not* the MTA.

The MTA would still have to support it. And do you mean I have to
rewrite Netscape Messenger and distribute copies to everyone I send
mail?

> However I think there is yet another standard that people do in the MTA.
> The best thing to do is to have an additional transport defined following
> local delivery that deals with this stuff and don't put it in the MTA at
> all.

If you mean what I think you mean, what do you mean, and how do I do it?

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw
E-State