Re: [EXIM] Deliveryconfirmation

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Tony Earnshaw
CC: Exim
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Deliveryconfirmation

tony@??? said:
} This point has been tentatively raised in the past, and if I'm not
} mistaken, you said you'd look at the possibility of including it in a
} future version. This feature is very definitely on my own wish list,
} now there would appear to be at least three of us that would
} appreciate it. The Mozilla (Netscape) UMA that I use at the moment
} supports it too ...

What headers is it adding for delivery confirmation?

    Return-Receipt-To: is definitely deprecated now.
The other main method is (and should be) done in the MUA *not* the MTA.
However I think there is yet another standard that people do in the MTA.

The best thing to do is to have an additional transport defined following
local delivery that deals with this stuff and don't put it in the MTA at
all.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]