Re: [EXIM] Hrm.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Greg A. Woods
To: Keith McCallion
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Hrm.
[ On Thu, January 8, 1998 at 20:32:03 (-0800), Keith McCallion wrote: ]
> Subject: [EXIM] Hrm.
>
> I'm trying to figure out why Exim will not send email to sites with an IP
> address for the MX record. I get the following error message:
>
> email@address
>     all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts

> Any ways to change this behavior? I know it is not standard to do this,
> but one of our users is complaining they cannot send mail to this sytem.
> I've contacted the people over there and they will not change it.

I guess they really really don't want to get any mail. If they've
pointed their MX's at hosts that don't exist then there's absolutely
nothing you can do to connect to them. I.e. it's not your problem.

I suppose if you could find a mailer running at their end then you could
try to rewrite their addresses to it, but I wouldn't bother.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>