Re: [EXIM] Hrm.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Keith McCallion
To: Greg A. Woods
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Hrm.
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I guess they really really don't want to get any mail. If they've
> pointed their MX's at hosts that don't exist then there's absolutely
> nothing you can do to connect to them. I.e. it's not your problem.
>
> I suppose if you could find a mailer running at their end then you could
> try to rewrite their addresses to it, but I wouldn't bother.

I think you misunderstood, or looked at the error without reading the
first paragraph. =) They are pointing their MX records to the machine by
IP address, *not* by a hostname. This is obviously not standard (I have
never seen anyone do this), and Exim does not like it, and thus reports
the hosts are non-existant.

What I am trying to do is change this behavior in Exim in general, not
just by this specific host. If one person did it, I am sure others are and
we just don't know about it yet.

Keith
Keith M. McCallion                            Director; Network Operations
Trippin on irc.iswest.net                        Internet Specialties West
keith@???/keith@???                  31194 La Baya Dr, Ste 100
P: 818-735-3000, F: 818-735-3004            Westlake Village, Calif. 91362
        Please take note: My Extension has changed from 104 to 107