[EXIM] a few questions from a newbie

Author: Random Junk
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] a few questions from a newbie
hi there. i'm checking out exim and so far i like what i see very
much. there's just a few things that are keeping me from using it:

i've got my own machine, and i'd like unqualified mail by default to
go to the local domain (gamespot.com). unless, of course, the
unqualified name is mine (jsd) or root. with sendmail you could use
the local users class to set this up. i don't see anything similar in
exim. how do i achieve this?

i can't get delivery to procmail via a .forward file to work
properly. the .forward file reads:

    /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-

this is what shows up in the exim log:

1997-12-29 16:53:26 0xmpvy-0000nf-00 == /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- <jsd@???> T=address_file defer (13): Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-.lock.hudsucker.gamespot.com.34a84606.00000c09

i'm running exim setuid root. shouldn't it be able to create lock
files at will? i'm not even sure where it's trying to write, given
that the pathname isn't given in the log entry.

finally, is there a way to write to a separate queue directory and
then have an exim queue runner periodically process it? i have a
large mailing list and ideally i'd like to queue up all the messages
for it first, then start exim running on it.

--
    Jon Drukman       jsd@???      SpotMedia Communications
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.