Re: [EXIM] a few questions from a newbie

Author: T. William Wells
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] a few questions from a newbie
In article <199712300125.RAA03990@???>,
Random Junk <jsd@???> wrote:
: i've got my own machine, and i'd like unqualified mail by default to
: go to the local domain (gamespot.com). unless, of course, the
: unqualified name is mine (jsd) or root. with sendmail you could use
: the local users class to set this up. i don't see anything similar in
: exim. how do i achieve this?

That's unclear. Could you give some specific examples of where
you want which addresses to be delivered?

: i can't get delivery to procmail via a .forward file to work
: properly.  the .forward file reads:
:
:       /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-

You need a vertical bar, as in:

|/usr/local/bin/procmail -f-

Not sure if you need quotes.....

: finally, is there a way to write to a separate queue directory and
: then have an exim queue runner periodically process it? i have a
: large mailing list and ideally i'd like to queue up all the messages
: for it first, then start exim running on it.

There is an option to exim that will cause it to queue the mail
instead of attempting an immediate delivery. -odq, I think.
Modifying your mailing list software to use it should be
relatively easy....