Re: [EXIM] RBL?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Victor Torrico
CC: Exim eMail List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] RBL?
On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Victor Torrico wrote:

> This is quite good information to have since I am also connected intermittantly
> to my ISP. It appears that RBL is not too useful under these conditions.
>
> Is there some other mechanism one can use to deal with spam under these
> circumstances?

Since you can't do any useful checks on the sending host, you are left
with the other mechanisms:

(1) Checks on the sender via sender_verify and sender_accept_recipients.
(2) Checks on the recipient via receiver_verify.
(3) Checks on the headers via headers_check_syntax and
    headers_sender_verify.
(4) The use of a system filter or personal filter to do additional
    checks.