Re: [EXIM] RBL?

Author: Piete Brooks
To: Alistair Young
CC: Victor Torrico, Exim eMail List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] RBL?
>>> Can RBL be used with a standalone workstation connected to an ISP via PPP?
> I've tried it, and unfortunately, there may be *one* thing. As I am
> only intermittently connected to the Internet, my incoming e-mail is
> queued up for me on the ISP's mail hub (MX records for
> arkane.demon.co.uk point to this, obviously, rather than my machine),
> and delivered to me via SMTP when it detects that I've logged on.

OK -- so it's less useful, but you "Can" use it ...

Of course, demon should be using the RBL on your behalf ...

> (Perhaps an option to lookup the addresses of the originating host and
> see if they're in the RBL might be a nice thing for a future version?)

No -- that would involve poking around in untrustable things like "Received:"
lines of poorly defined format -- not the thing to do !

If demon won't bounce based on the RBL, get them at least to add
would add those "by mistake" ....