[EXIM] Stuck again...system filter

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Stuck again...system filter
I have configured exim (I thought!) to freeze any message sent by the
postmaster to any address with the prefix "uop-". This is done by the system
filter. It is intended to allow University-wide messages to be sent to staff,
students, etc, but not allowing the postmaster address to be forged. In
effect the postmaster has to thaw the message before it will be sent.

The director contains 'prefix="uop-"', and the system filter contains :

if $recipients matches "\buop-" then freeze endif

Now I'm sure this used to work since I tested it to some extent and asked the
list about other problems relating to it. But now it just seems to send the
messages through. I changed the "\b" to "\\b" (just in case, following
my last mistake with backslashes), but this made no difference. If I use:
if $recipients matches "uop-" then...
then it works. I don't like this so much though in case "uop-" does appear
elsewhere in an address - not likely I know but knowing my luck...

Any ideas as to why the filter now fails, or have I omitted something,
changed something, etc?

John.

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919