[EXIM] Relaying control -- configuration advice needed

Author: David Osborne
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Relaying control -- configuration advice needed
I urgently need to prevent use of our campus mail hubs (nottingham.ac.uk) as
unauthorised relays. Last time I tried this, I got something wrong and
bounced some valid mail, so I'd welcome some help!

I'm planning to add the following to their config files and would be grateful
for advice that these lines are sufficient:

relay_domains = nottingham.ac.uk:*nottingham.ac.uk:*nott.ac.uk:partial-dbm;/us
r/local/exim/tables/relay-domains
relay_domains_include_local_mx
relay_match_host_or_sender
sender_net_accept_relay = 128.243.0.0/255.255.0.0

Our campus net is 128.243.0.0, so I want to accept mail from any host on that
net to be relayed to anywhere.

For incoming mail, I'm prepared to relay to any host for which we're an MX,
plus the domains listed in relay_domains. The dbm table is derived from a
file listing all the domains to which we deliver using bydns_a, listed one
per line.

Have I missed anything?

thanks in advance

--
David Osborne                           email: Postmaster@???
Postmaster                                        tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397