Re: [EXIM] Relaying control -- configuration advice needed

Author: David Osborne
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Relaying control -- configuration advice needed
Philip Hazel writes [1 Dec 1997 16:36:15 GMT]:

> > relay_domains = nottingham.ac.uk:*nottingham.ac.uk:*nott.ac.uk:partial-db

m;/us
> > r/local/exim/tables/relay-domains
>
> Why *nottingham and *nott rather than *.nottingham and *.nott? I don't
> suppose it will make any difference, since there probably aren't any
> domains such as hardknott.ac.uk, but for tidiness...

I got the impression from earlier messages to the list that by including the
dot as in *.nottingham, only one level of subdomain would be matched below
nottingham, and not machine.subdomain.nottingham, but I've probably got that
wrong.

--
David Osborne                           email: Postmaster@???
Postmaster                                        tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397