Re: [EXIM] percent_hack_domains problem

Author: Mark Baker
To: Exim List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] percent_hack_domains problem
On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 11:11:46AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> What do you mean by "worked"? Do you want a new option saying "these are
> the domains that can be %-hacked to?" I am not at all sure what you gain
> by allowing xxxx%y.y.y@??? instead of just getting your users to
> use the proper address xxxx@??? in the first place.

I can see a good reason for allowing xxxx%y.y.y@??? where y.y.y is
anywhere on the internet and the connection comes from a machine in your
domain---you may have dialup users with KA9Q. KA9Q cannot use a smart host,
and dialup users wanting to send a mail to lots of sites will find it a lot
cheaper to send the mail via your smarthost by using the percent hack.

I can't understand why Alan wants to allow anyone on the internet to send
mail to his domains using the percent hack though.