Re: [EXIM] Control of relaying on end system

Author: David Osborne
To: Richard Gilbert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Control of relaying on end system
Richard Gilbert writes [27 Nov 1997 17:15:26 GMT]:

> I keep rereading the relevant section
> of the manual but find it a bit confusing. It looks as though I need to
> include sender_address_relay = *@hostname.shef.ac.uk -- or could this be
> reduced to '*@@'? (This looks rather like a special case.)
>
> I apologize for asking yet another question about control of relaying, but
> I don't want to reject any more mail with my experiments if I can help it.

I have also experimented unsuccessfully with control of relaying but still
find the description in the manual confusing after many re-readings. I was
rejecting valid messages from local hosts, although I thought I had all the
config lines to allow them through. However, I must do something about it
soon, as I'm getting increasing numbers of complaints from innocent victims
of spam we are unfortunately relaying to them.

--
David Osborne                                 david.osborne@???
Cripps Computing Centre                             tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397