[EXIM] criteria for message freezing in a list

Author: mark david mcCreary
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] criteria for message freezing in a list
I have a new mailing list where they have given me lots of bad email
addresses. When sending a message to this list, it ends up sending out
some of the mail, and then becoming frozen.

I have noticed that one error message is about a non-zero status, while
most others are time outs.

For example,

Message 0xa0pg-0005jI-00 has been frozen. The sender is
<jamline-request@???>.

The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
Keira@??? <jamline@???>: smtp transport process
returned a non-zero status (0x000b)
ping@??? <jamline@???>: retry time not reached
for any host

Other frozen messages simply list dozen of addresses with connection timed
out. For example,

racquelg@??? <jamline@???>: Connection timed
out: SMTP timeout while connected to mail2.hotmail.com [207.82.250.94]
after RCPT TO: <Ice4395@???> (0 bytes written)
patskene@??? <jamline@???>: Connection timed
out: SMTP timeout while connected to mail2.hotmail.com [207.82.250.94]
after RCPT TO: <Ice4395@???> (0 bytes written)

I have the skip_syntax_errors on the list director.

Is there some criteria in Exim if more than x email addresses in a list
fail, then the message will be frozen.

THanks for any insights.

mark

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.            1436 West Gray #438
mdm@???          Houston, Texas 77019
http://www.internet-tools.com    713.627.9600