Re: [EXIM] Wildcard MX record causing problems

Author: Mike Zanker
To: Tony Earnshaw, Exim
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Wildcard MX record causing problems
At 18:48 23/11/97 +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

>What you describe is a typical nameserver problem, sorry to be a bore.

[name server configuration info snipped]

Thanks for the information but I'm not actually running a name server on my
Linux box - I've got a plain old resolv.conf pointing at Demon's name servers.

Matthew Frost kindly pointed out to me that I should be making use of the
"search_parents" option in lookuphost to prevent the domain (demon.co.uk)
being appended to failed DNS lookups and this indeed solved the problem.

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Zanker                | Email: A.M.Zanker@???
Network Services Group     | Tel  : +44 1908 652726