Re: [EXIM] Confused about sender verify - resolved

Author: F. Jacot Guillarmod
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Confused about sender verify - resolved
Philip Hazel writes:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, F. Jacot Guillarmod wrote:
>
> > > (2) There aren't any silly non-printing characters in there are there?

[...]

> > Any chance of getting exim to somehow display funny characters encountered in
> > headers while it's busy logging?
>
> Good point. I seem to have overlooked that when logging headers (in many
> other places it takes care to convert non-printing characters to
> something printable).

The problems seemed to evaporate when I upgraded our mail servers to exim-1.750
over the weekend. At least the mail is getting delivered, with zero
configuration changes. For what its worth, I'm running SunOS 4.1.3_U1 and
4.1.4.

The main reason for the upgrade, incidentally, was a burning desire to try out
RBL. So far so good... I've managed to trim my Cisco access lists right down
and hand things over to the mail transports.

Many thanks,
Jacot
--
F.F. Jacot Guillarmod - Information Technology - Rhodes University - Grahamstown
      Internet: Jacot@???  Phone: +27 461 318284 Fax: +27 461 27764